Tuesday, January 22, 2013

[naked tacos]

A late start on dinner, and what to cook? Looking in the fridge I surveyed what leftovers we had ... taco mince and some roast chicken... My youngest son wanted pizza, but it was too late to start on making a base, but I remembered a recipe of Nigella’s for Meat-za, which is basically a meat base with pizza topping. Inspired by that, I decided I might make tacos on a plate without the taco shell (as we only had three taco shells left!)

Yum, Yum!!

Taco mince, mozarella cheese and tomato slices topped with salsa and then put under the grill until the cheese is golden and melted.

Left: after grilling, top the dish with grated carrot, shredded lettuce and a dollop of sour cream. Serve with a broken toasted taco shell so you can dip into the yummy mince like nachos.
Right: a chicken version (without tomato) for my hubby’s ‘anti-gout’ diet.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Well, leave it here...