Thursday, October 11, 2012

[first cariacture]

I got asked by a friend to do a cariacture, and replied to this request with, ‘It's not my strongest skill, but I'll give it a go’. It's a bit scary trying to capture someone’s likeness, portraits are a tricky business, and usually something I'm not game to have a go at for someone other than my own family. I’ve also had to keep reminding myself that a drawing of this nature is not meant to be an exact photographic replica of the subject, but capture an essence of the person. I don't think I ‘nailed it’, but am pretty happy with the results, and my good mate Mikey thinks it’s great, so that’s all that matters isn’t it? And he's promised me a nice drop of Chardonnay for my efforts. Happy days. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Well, leave it here...