Thursday, November 10, 2011

[thursday therapy]


With my graphic design projects up-to-date, I thought it was time for some therapy, so I decided to set an hour aside to do a little drawing and painting. Inspired by a lovely little book called "Brisbane is a Garden", I had a look in my garden for some leaves and flowers. The begonias with the last of their flowers about to drop, were the perfect subject.

Taking some technique tips in drawing from my youngest (I just so love his flathead drawing), I thought I would make sure all my linework on the drawing was done with purpose, and that each mark I made was the final one (no rubbing out allowed).


I'd forgotten how much I enjoy using watercolours, which were the first media I ever painted in seriously. I also think the secret is not what you paint, but what you don't.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Well, leave it here...