Monday, December 5, 2011

[dancing with the divas]

 

It's what we live for (and get nervous butterflies about) every year ... dance concert ... and yesterday was our big day. Quite a few of us got some last minute practice in by dancing two of our dances in the morning at the earlier concert for the Chermside studio, then at 4.30pm it was Albany Creek's turn. I was quite amazed how this 'trial run' got rid of my jitters, and I danced 'Can't be Tamed' in the arvo the best I ever have. So chuffed about this!  

   
My lovely dancing diva mates and I danced our hearts out to 'Can't be Tamed' and 'Summer of 69', and then partook in a little backstage party in the dressing room with a few bubbles before our dance 'Fever' late in the second half. I'd injured my heel landing heavily earlier in the year, and by this stage it was really starting to hurt whenever I put any pressure on it ... but as they say, 'The show must go on!' and I really wanted to get back out there and dance!

After 'Fever' we only had a few songs for a costume change before we jumped back on stage into the finale. I think we all had a big grin on our faces when we left the stage after our bows as we got a huge cheer from the audience. Go divas! :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Well, leave it here...