Monday, May 14, 2012

[day 2 - art at sea]


Hooray, I've finally got to do some art for me! A friend who's been on this cruise before recommended to go to the quilling class, and today, that's exactly what I did. I made a lovely card (not bad for a first effort) and then I stayed for the next craft class and made a paper rose.

I also got energetic and did a special mother daughter Zumba class today (as it's Mother's day) ... Was lots of fun, and I burnt a heap of calories, so I figure that means I can have more cocktails now! I found it a little difficult at times to keep up with the instructor, however I had a bit of a head start as many of the dance steps were familiar to me, but poor Mum ran out of puff part way through - good on her though, she had a go.

I managed a little lie down for an hour in the afternoon (as I didn't get whole lot of sleep last night, you know the usual first night sleeping in a different bed) and tonight we're getting glammed up in frocks and suits for the first formal night - should be a blast. I even got to wear the rose I made in my hair.


As the ship's satellite has been down, I haven't had WiFi to be able to upload my post each day, so that's why I thought I'd label them day one, day two etc. I know my boys were keen to know what I've been up to each day, but they'll just have to catch up on the news in chunks. Sorry boys, I have tried each night. It's also quite expensive - 75 cents a minute - but as I do all my writing offline, I should only need to be online briefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a comment? Well, leave it here...